Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

+10
Bearhugger29
Slainwolff
smirkytrick
Cybersix
-Insanity-
Justin
ColumbianLoom
LegendX48
-Mazer
Koenig
14 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 pm

My biggest complaint about Nintendo is that over the past decade they have been focusing on control gimmicks rather than software innovation.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

Post by -Mazer Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:20 am

what would you like to see, software wise
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:00 pm

As I said, innovation. Nintendo used to do the most innovative things on the console front and implemented or refined new mechanics with almost every game they made. Recently however the games feel stagnant by comparison; still good mind you, just not living up to the potential I have come to expect from Nintendo.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:24 pm

Koenig wrote:As I said,  innovation.  Nintendo used to do the most innovative things on the console front and implemented or refined new mechanics with almost every game they made.  Recently however the games feel stagnant by comparison; still good mind you, just not living up to the potential I have come to expect from Nintendo.
3D World is the prime example of this I feel. Incredibly stagnant and "safe" and just a tremendous step backward/down in general.

Except 3D World isn't good in my opinion but I'm (permanently) done with that :3
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Until Dawn

Looks like a slasher movie but in game form. Cool. That beanie girl's head rolling down makes me sad for some reason though.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:58 pm

WHERE IS HER LASER BEAM YOU BASTARDS!!!???!?!?!11/1/!?!?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Dat Bloodborne gameplay. @_@
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:16 pm

In a recent interview with Hideki Kamiya, Polygon has learned that the developer at one time had an interest in working with the Star Fox franchise, but due to people constantly badgering him with questions, he’s decided that he would no longer be interested in it.

“I’ve been known for saying I want to work on Star Fox, but the tendency for this to spread and people constantly pestering me with questions, like ‘How would you do this? How would you do that?’ … Quite frankly, I’ve decided I don’t want to work on Star Fox anymore.”

Kamiya is known for being very forthright about his feelings on development and his fans; earlier this year he went so far as to tell Super Smash Bros. fans to leave him alone via Twitter, as it seems they’re constantly pestering him about Bayonetta appearing in the new game. Kamiya says he’s open to the idea and would be extremely honored, but the constant badgering from fans no doubt is hard to deal with every day.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:41 am

Dear Tomb Raider Community,

As you may have seen, we’ve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. I’d like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we’re creating at the studio.

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support. Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Today’s announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming. Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011. We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

We know that there are probably many more questions and concerns. Please do send them to us, and we’ll answer to the best of our ability. Meanwhile we’re going all out to try and make something truly special - the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever built.

Thanks,

Darrell Gallagher

Crystal Dynamics Head of Studios

The original story appears below.

Today at Microsoft's Gamescom Press Conference, Crystal Dynamics revealed that Rise of the Tomb Raider, the sequel to Tomb Raider revealed at E3 earlier this year, will be coming exclusively to Xbox, Holiday 2015.

Platforms for the game weren't announced when the title was announced at the E3 Xbox press conference, but that's a mega-ton if this ends up being more than a timed exclusive.

However, this reveal does come with the caveat that both the spoken and written announcement always paired the release date with Xbox, so it's possible that the game will eventually come to other platforms, just later in 2016.

We're following up with Square Enix now to confirm these details, but in the meantime it looks like this is an exclusive for Xbox 360 and Xbox One
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:27 pm

-Mazer wrote:

Today at Microsoft's Gamescom Press Conference, Crystal Dynamics revealed that Rise of the Tomb Raider, the sequel to Tomb Raider revealed at E3 earlier this year, will be coming exclusively to Xbox, Holiday 2015.

Platforms for the game weren't announced when the title was announced at the E3 Xbox press conference, but that's a mega-ton if this ends up being more than a timed exclusive.

However, this reveal does come with the caveat that both the spoken and written announcement always paired the release date with Xbox, so it's possible that the game will eventually come to other platforms, just later in 2016.

We're following up with Square Enix now to confirm these details, but in the meantime it looks like this is an exclusive for Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Why do developers/ publishers always think that making a game exclusive is "this is the very best thing" for their games? Especially if it was already a multiplat series.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:19 pm

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873887

Petition going on to have an NPC named Robin in Zelda U in memory of Robin Williams. I think it'd be a great gesture and plan to sign it myself once I get home.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:34 pm

Cybersix wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

Why do developers/ publishers always think that making a game exclusive is "this is the very best thing" for their games? Especially if it was already a multiplat series.

I am not sure, but Tomb Raider had the lowest sales on the X360 do I dunno how they think it will sell being just an exclusive.

Though Stuttering Craig did suggest that since X1 gave Square what has to be a lot of money for the exclusive rights, they may be close to the black after the game is finished to begin with making any sale a profit.

But that is just a theory.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Say Mazer; since you have worked with Video Game development before, do you have any tips you could share in regards to organizing your work and notes?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:25 pm

In other news: I can't help but feel that this is a game for Mazer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/edh3z0/akiba-s-trip--undead---undressed-review
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:56 pm

Koenig wrote:Say Mazer; since you have worked with Video Game development before, do you have any tips you could share in regards to organizing your work and notes?

I am a digital person so what I do is se Google Drives to organize ideas and notes so that I can access them on the go to add new ideas.

Also make sure you date every entry so you know when exactly you've made a change or came up with a new idea.

Do you have any specific things you want to organize?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:34 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:Say Mazer; since you have worked with Video Game development before, do you have any tips you could share in regards to organizing your work and notes?

I am a digital person so what I do is se Google Drives to organize ideas and notes so that I can access them on the go to add new ideas.

Also make sure you date every entry so you know when exactly you've made a change or came up with a new idea.

Anything and everything. Despite the fact I have no development experience I am always thinking about ways I can improve existing games or how I can combine existing ideas to make new games. I have been toying with 5 different game idea's for years, and I need to find a better way of saving organizing my thoughts so i can actually capitalize on them in due time.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:10 pm

bisoft has clarified why The Crew isn’t coming to PS3 or Wii U, explaining that it decided to target the Xbox 360 for technical reasons.

“It’s actually because The Crew is originally built for the new generation of consoles,” a Ubisoft spokesperson told IGN. “So when the decision was made to port it to the previous generation of consoles, it was decided to focus solely on the platform closest to the new-gen’s technical infrastructure, which is the Xbox 360.”

Ubisoft is not currently working on a PS3 or Wii U version of The Crew.
The Crew - IGN Plays The Crew - Searching For Area 51
21:38

Announced earlier today, The Crew on Xbox 360 is said to retain the features, scope, mission variety, and overall driving experience of the Xbox One, PS4, and PC versions.

The Xbox 360 version is being developed by Asobo Studio with support from Ivory Tower and Ubisoft Reflections. Asobo Studio, the French developer of several Disney-Pixar licenced games, also developed 2009 open-world racing game Fuel for Codemasters.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:16 pm

I smell PR bullshit come from this one.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:50 pm

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

Anything and everything.  Despite the fact I have no development experience I am always thinking about ways I can improve existing games or how I can combine existing ideas to make new games.  I have been toying with 5 different game idea's for years, and I need to find a better way of saving organizing my thoughts so i can actually capitalize on them in due time.

I really wish you'd start that RPG maker game you wanted to work on. One thing I learned was to finish at least ONE project to at least get the experience necessary to understand and see if you wanna do the next project.

Also yes. It is PR bull cocky.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:58 pm

It’s very, very early to start speaking about Saints Row V if you’re only considering the details that’ve been released by Deep Silver / Volition. It’s also early so suggest that the game might be near completion, given the amount of time that’s passed between each successive release in the series. But the rumblings have begun, nonetheless, and the first official details could be here as soon as August 29th, 2014.

Clues: Bits and Pieces

PAX Prime begins on August 29th and ends on September 1st, 2014. According to NeoGAF, the session(s) will take place throughout the day on the 29th starting at 10AM local time and attendees will need to book a 30-minute appointment.

"Unannounced Title from Volition

If you want to be the first to hear what the title is, attend the panel, "QUIZ SHOW HOUR WITH VOLITION - PROJECT REVEAL & PRIZES!" Friday, August 29th at 10:00am in the Sandworm Theatre. We will be booking limited 30-minute appointments for this title."

According to Aubrey Norris, Deep Silver’s PR and Marketing boss, "(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻". We’ll go ahead and assume this means something big is going to happen at the event, or at least to the table Norris is standing nearest.

Over at DSVolition you’ll find that Volition is looking to fill several positions, at least one of which suggests they’re creating "an unannounced AAA 360/PS3 title." That would mean a re-make or a boost of a game like Saint’s Row 2. They’re also seeking out creators for "AAA Xbox One, Playstation 4, and PC titles" - of course.

BONUS: Back on the 18th of December, 2013 (well after Saint’s Row IV was released), comedian and voice actor Jay Mohr suggested he’d be returning to the Saint’s Row lineup. His Twitter handle @JayMohr37 said "about to do my voice over work for new Saints Row video game."
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:59 pm

A fair warning, the information you are about to read must be taken as a mere rumor, even though it came from a contact who works at Deep Silver and preferred to stay anonymous, and so, we will respect that and call this contact a Deep Silver Representative from now on.

Remember how some time ago, there was a tweet from a voice actor telling us that he was already working on the next installment of Saints Row? Well, according to our contact from Deep Silver, Saints Row V is a fact, it is undergoing the first stages of its development, but that’s not it, we might have an idea of what to expect from it.

Right now they [the developers and writers] are figuring out what route to go with it, basing it off popular 2013 and 2014 movies”

As it seems, Saints Row V will bring a lot of movie parodies, from the most recent movies.

It may stick with the president idea…but more ‘futuristic’ “

“More futuristic”, well…that’s new! After seeing how “futuristic” Saints Row IV got, where could Saints Row V go?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:26 am

-Mazer wrote:
I really wish you'd start that RPG maker game you wanted to work on. One thing I learned was to finish at least ONE project to at least get the experience necessary to understand and see if you wanna do the next project.

Ill get around to it eventually. I feel like a complete ass hole for saying that but I do mean it.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:48 pm

I absolutely love the gothic aesthetic and the way the blood drenches the protagonist.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:15 pm

While gamers may be getting an extra large helping of Assassin’s Creed this holiday season, with two full games between current and next-gen consoles, Nintendo devotees will be left out in the cold. We suspected this when the Wii U was left off the list of platforms for Assassin’s Creed: Rogue, but now we’ve had confirmation from Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot, speaking to Gameinformer. In fact, not only will Assassin’s Creed not be coming to Wii U, but the publisher won’t be releasing any more “mature” games after Watch Dogs. So, basically, just Let’s Dance and possibly another Rayman.

“It’s very simple,” Guillemot told Gameinformer. “What we see is that Nintendo customers don’t buy Assassin’s Creed. Last year, we sold in very small numbers.”
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:07 pm

I still have to ask...How much money did the AC games make on the wii U as compared to how much it cost to port the game to the system?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next