Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET)

4 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET) - Page 5 Empty Re: Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET)

Post by Koenig Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:07 pm

Well, not exactly what I had in mind but it is large! Essentially I was thinking an exaggerated version of the first hat.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET) - Page 5 Empty Re: Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET)

Post by Koenig Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Question: Will their be any underwater ports or ruins the players can doc their subs at?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Koenig wrote:Well, not exactly what I had in mind but it is large! Essentially I was thinking an exaggerated version of the first hat.
Oh... ok. I'll sketch it up and see how it turns out.

Koenig wrote:Question: Will their be any underwater ports or ruins the players can doc their subs at?
I didn't even think about underwater villages at first but now that sounds interesting. If there was I imagine the village/port being inside this giant bubble dome.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:33 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
Koenig wrote:Well, not exactly what I had in mind but it is large! Essentially I was thinking an exaggerated version of the first hat.

Koenig wrote:Question: Will their be any underwater ports or ruins the players can doc their subs at?
I didn't even think about underwater villages at first but now that sounds interesting. If there was I imagine the village/port being inside this giant bubble dome.
I am thinking less along the lines of ports, and more along the lines of ruins, caverns, and enemy bases (Story driven or otherwise)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:10 pm

Koenig wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:

I am thinking less along the lines of ports, and more along the lines of ruins, caverns, and enemy bases (Story driven or otherwise)
That might actually work better. That underwater village might have potential, though I can see where it might get complicated.

Also the pic.
Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET) - Page 5 CaptainMazercopy_zps444445e3
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:12 pm

I like it. The only major suggestion I have now is the addition of a goatee.

Also: One story element I would like to add is an Atlantis side story or the equivalent thereof. The ruins could only be reached by the use of a submarine, and subsequently part of complex would be air-tight for on foot portions.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Koenig wrote:I like it. The only major suggestion I have now is the addition of a goatee.
Ok, I'll sketch that out quickly.

Koenig wrote:Also: One story element I would like to add is an Atlantis side story or the equivalent thereof. The ruins could only be reached by the use of a submarine, and subsequently part of complex would be air-tight for on foot portions.
Hhmmm... When you say on foot, what do you mean? like on foot in the sub? or on foot like wearing a scuba suite on the ocean floor?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:06 am

I mean being able to dock or anchor, go on foot via diving suir, and access an a air-sustained section that acts like all other land.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:23 am

Koenig wrote:I mean being able to dock or anchor, go on foot via diving suir, and access an a air-sustained section that acts like all other land.
Oh ok that might work.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Okay, here is the Captain with the goatee. It's was the best I could do without it making it look like a tongue.
Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET) - Page 5 CaptainMazercopy_zps2cb9e2b2
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Looks good. How large will the captain's body be? (And just about everyone else for that matter) I personally suggest taking a pseudo realistic approach to their designs.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Koenig wrote:Looks good. How large will the captain's body be? (And just about everyone else for that matter) I personally suggest taking a pseudo realistic approach to their designs.
I imagined him being tall and skinny. and can I see an example of what you mean by pseudo realistic?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:04 pm

Think professor Layton. The basic body structure is accurate, but the proportions are slightly exaggerated to give each character a unique physique.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Okay, here's what I got for the Captain so far.
Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET) - Page 5 CaptainBodycopy_zps19138ba1
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Looking good, though thighs, shoulders, and elbows could use a little work.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Just as a heads up, I will probably not include Steamlords in your story, but I would like to develop a similar group that specializes in mechanical magic and have subsequently "Bound" a small floating island as their own. (Think a cross between a wizards tower and Laputa)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Koenig wrote:Just as a heads up, I will probably not include Steamlords in your story, but I would like to develop a similar group that specializes in mechanical magic and have subsequently "Bound" a small floating island as their own. (Think a cross between a wizards tower and Laputa)
I'm ok with that. Nice imagery for the island.

Also here's the Capt. with improved hip, elbows, and shoulders
Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET) - Page 5 CaptainBodycopy_zps2963b2af
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:50 pm

The thighs look better, but the shoulders and elbows still seem a bit "uneasy". More or less, they look like they are being scewed somehow from the frontal view; normally it would be the side view where they would bend.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:55 pm

I also wanted to create a somewhat quirky pirate group lead by an NPC named "Pink Beard". Do I have your approval to develop this character?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Koenig wrote:I also wanted to create a somewhat quirky pirate group lead by an NPC named "Pink Beard".  Do I have your approval to develop this character?
Go for it!

Koenig wrote:The thighs look better, but the shoulders and elbows still seem a bit "uneasy". More or less, they look like they are being scewed somehow from the frontal view; normally it would be the side view where they would bend.
So, you're saying that the arms need to be straightened?

Last edited by smirkytrick on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Sweet. I honestly don't have much of a story for him at this point, but I do have a personality in mind. A dangerous yet exceedingly eccentric pirate. Easily distracted by aesthetic details and doing things in funny or silly ways. He could be on a treasure hunt only to get distracted by butterfly and subsequently attempt to catch them.

FUN FACT/IRONY: I am basing him on a running gag my friend and I had while playing a certain MMO in the past. (And by that I mean Runescape)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:17 am

LOL gotta watch out for those crazy runescape players. You know, the way you described pink beard kind reminds me of Nora from RWBY.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:31 am

I am drawing a blank on both accounts. Could you explain what game it is and the character?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:24 am

Koenig wrote:I am drawing a blank on both accounts. Could you explain what game it is and the character?
RWBY is a animated series made by Monty Oum and the guys the made Red vs. Blue (aka Rooster Teeth).
Here's a episode that shows Nora in the very first scene.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:40 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
Koenig wrote:I am drawing a blank on both accounts. Could you explain what game it is and the character?
RWBY is a animated series made by Monty Oum and the guys the made Red vs. Blue (aka Rooster Teeth).
Here's a episode that shows Nora in the very first scene.
Lol, that was entertaining. Anyways, my idea for Pink beard is much less hyper, but equally distractable. Think a cross between the "Quirky" attitude of Dr. Who and the masculine attitude of Mr.Torgue (Minus the ALL CAPS) wraped in the body of a pirate (With a Pink beard!)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next