Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET)

4 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET) - Page 9 Empty Re: Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET)

Post by Koenig Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Essentially, it would allow us to cross the JRPG with the WRPG; that said there would be some obvious hurdles to over come.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET) - Page 9 Empty Re: Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET)

Post by smirkytrick Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:28 am

Koenig wrote:Essentially, it would allow us to cross the JRPG with the WRPG; that said there would be some obvious hurdles to over come.
That is true... very true.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:42 pm

I have been brushing up on my art skills lately; would you like me to try and create an art piece for any specific idea's mentioned so far?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:39 am

Koenig wrote:I have been brushing up on my art skills lately; would you like me to try and create an art piece for any specific idea's mentioned so far?
sure, I'm was just about to add a detail to the first septmundi gate, and I'm just about to start the second one.

I think we could also perhaps draw some animals or ships concepts as well.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:28 pm

I see what I can get done over the weekend.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:51 pm

Cool, so what are you gonna work on?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Currently working on a template for the gates, after that I may work on the magicians guild.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:21 pm

It took me a while to get around to this, but here it is (Finally)

Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET) - Page 9 Gates_zps5c35c3d7

The gate the to realm of order must generate a portal through science, while the gate of magic makes one by absorbing magic energy as it flows through the viens in the gate.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:53 pm

this now gives me a reference for the gate of magic. But does this mean you want me redesign the gate of order?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:47 am

It is up to you; the best rout might be to combine the two as you see fit, my only request is that you keep the middle "Gear" for the gate of order, and "Emblem" for the gate of magic.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Okay, here's what the gate looks like now.
Smirky's and Keonig's Game design thread (TOP SECRET) - Page 9 SeptmundiGatescopy_zps56d747cd
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:56 pm

I still need to get around to the sketches for the Magicians Guild and certain Ship designs; however most of my time has been taken up by school and the other project I am helping with.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:45 pm

I understand, I have the same problem. I do have more free time this weekend though. So I should start the other gate now.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu May 01, 2014 6:48 pm

Good, I was afraid this thread might have been lost.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri May 02, 2014 2:06 am

Yes this thread is safe, I think mazer deleted enough threads to where it stopped automatically deleting.

BTW I am still working on that fire gate. I still need to keep at it, it's a bit more tricky than the other.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:13 pm

bump: Any new idea's in the past year? I have been tinkering with a bunch for my own concepts, but some of them might be applicable here.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:51 pm

Well, I know this sounds kinda bad on my part, but I'm still working on that gate thing. also I'm a bit pre-occupied with that game me and Mazer are working on. I think it's safe to say that a game like you and I are wanting to make is gonna take some time. The game me and Mazer are working on right now, it'll probably come out sooner, we already made substantial progress on it.
Still, I am curious if we could use Clickteam to make this game. It's just that we have a lot of content for it at the moment.
You can still post ideas and stuff. I would love to see them.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Point taken, though I never actually thought that we would start a game like this right away; rather I felt it was a good idea to bounce idea's in advance so that they would be a good starting point at the time we do start.

One of the major idea's I have been working on for my project is a literal skill tree. Rather than a three tier-top down skill tree that is used in most games, this tree is modeled after an oak tree/tree of life with corresponding skills and unlocks placed over it. The tree is essentially split into three primary branches (Creation, Ability, and Combat) that diverge into related branches. Whenever players finish a branch they unlock several of the sub branches connected to it and have immediate access to those actions (Though some of these may be quest or item locked) when any branch is completed they provide a bonus for that particular skill in addition to unlocking further sub branches. Universal bonus's are also provided as more of the tree is filled up, however these are displayed in the roots as they effect everything.

For example: Crafting, Cooking, and Chemistry would all be sub branches of the Creation branch, and in turn cooking a cake, fish, or the like would all be sub branches of the cooking branch (So sub-sub branches?) This is how the branches would continue to work, with the most advanced actions and bonus'es being held at the very tip of the branches. Likewise very special bonus's would appear as "fruits" on the menu once large segments of the tree had been filled out.

In more simplistic terms, this is a skill tree that cuts down on grinding and provides a visual example of player growth. That said, how don't know how well it would work in our project, but I think it is worth considering.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:49 pm

Koenig wrote:Point taken, though I never actually thought that we would start a game like this right away; rather I felt it was a good idea to bounce idea's in advance so that they would be a good starting point at the time we do start.

One of the major idea's I have been working on for my project is a literal skill tree. Rather than a three tier-top down skill tree that is used in most games, this tree is modeled after an oak tree/tree of life with corresponding skills and unlocks placed over it. The tree is essentially split into three primary branches (Creation, Ability, and Combat) that diverge into related branches.  Whenever players finish a branch they unlock several of the sub branches connected to it and have immediate access to those actions (Though some of these may be quest or item locked)  when any branch is completed they provide a bonus for that particular skill in addition to unlocking further sub branches.  Universal bonus's are also provided as more of the tree is filled up, however these are displayed in the roots as they effect everything.

For example:  Crafting, Cooking, and Chemistry would all be sub branches of the Creation branch, and in turn cooking a cake, fish, or the like would all be sub branches of the cooking branch (So sub-sub branches?)  This is how the branches would continue to work, with the most advanced actions and bonus'es being held at the very tip of the branches.  Likewise very special bonus's would appear as "fruits" on the menu once large segments of the tree had been filled out.

In more simplistic terms, this is a skill tree that cuts down on grinding and provides a visual example of player growth.  That said, how don't know how well it would work in our project, but I think it is worth considering.
I see, I imagine at the start of the game it'll be like a sapling, and as you level up it'll grow. That's sounds great.

Also, I also been thinking, what if we made the game like a 2D overhead RPG adventure? That might work right?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:55 pm

It would probably work, we would just have to repurpose some of the previous ideas we had to accommodate the 2D space.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9